Tuesday, January 27, 2009

How sweet it is!

I can think of only a few things sweeter than getting a shinny new bike. I won't list those things on my blog for all to see, but a new bike is up there, but it's not number one. Team DRT received all the goods a while ago and I was putting off picking up my new stuff mainly because I knew it would kill me not to be able to even spin one revolution on the new SL, and also because I haven't been able to keep my leg dependent in a car for very long to make the trip to Fort Wayne to pick them up. But it was time for me to get my new goods and get out of a mental funk of being off the bike for so long. Getting all this was like Christmas minus the family! The SL is super sweet and I LOVE the feel of the new Dura-ace levers. Seems to fit me well. Thanks to super mechanic Zach E. for building it up for me to drool over.  The tricross frame is super cool as we all already know and I have big plans for the final build and results for this bike. I have some other sweet goodies from the big "S" and I must say, I love their products. I really do. DRT elite team is also sporting the super sweet Lazer helmets and I think it has one of the best retention system out there. But who couldn't be excited about the hook up with Champion systems clothing this year. I have to say, I don't know what I'm more in love with, the fleece lined cx skinsuit, the summer ventilated crit skinsuit, the winter cycling cap or the coolness of the standout DRT logos. It is all so overwhelming for an injured athlete to take in. Just look at it!  Besides that I am also excited to be getting the rest of my house painted on the inside. After meeting with the interior designer we have decided on some great colors and a great layout for an earthy, tree theamed great room. I am a tree dork so I think this fits me really well. This makes my Mom very happy because she thinks that all I do is plan bike related ventures and that I should put some focus on my house. I don't know where she gets that idea from, I mean, my basement looks great as you can see. Seriously, I do take a lot of pride in my home, I love it and am very thankful for it. That's why I over think every decision I make about it and that ends up taking so much time. But I guess I have a little of that on my hands right now. I will post the shot of the great room when the project is complete. Mostly to make my family happy.

1 comment:

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.