Monday, February 2, 2009

I'm in trouble...

becuase I was caught in the act of doing a ride I was not allowed to do. I knew it was wrong for a few reasons. Number 1 because I was not given permission from my surgeon, number 2 since my PT told me "no" when I asked,  and three because I had to rig up the bike to make it work. I knew it was really bad when I had to sneak in a ride when all of my family and friends were not around. It was like having an affair with my bike! I road 4 times last week and would have kept on until my friend came over and snuck this shot. Next thing I knew my family, friends, surgeon and colleagues knew I was cheating. I finally confessed it to Coach Don G. Now I know it was totally wrong and crazy for doing it after major ankle surgery, but my love affair with the bike got the best of me. 
No longer though, I hope to have 8 more days in the cast and I don't want to screw it up now.  I guess I will go back to the boring arm rower at the gym. That's okay for now, but I miss my bikes.  One thing this down time has helped me realize is that when it comes down to it, I really just miss riding my bike.  I really do love it. It keeps me stable.

Let the 8 day count day begin!

No comments: