Friday, January 23, 2009

Cx heading for the Olympics?

That's right, could the best sport cycling has ever know be hitting the near Olympics? Cx Mag online had a write up on this today that sounds like that may be a good possibility. Even though I know the majority of the "real" sports fans don't even watch cycling, BMX, or track cycling during the games, I think that this is a huge step forward in promoting cross. My real hope is that some animated NBC commentator will give a broad explanation of what cross actually is to the general public. This would save a lot of time for me by explaining just what it is that I do when I'm not putting people to sleep. I love to hear the million different ways that people explain cross and watch the blank expression that normal people give when they hear it...but if you could see it. Well, that's the important part. Who wouldn't want to watch ultra fit athletes run around in the mud while wearing tights with an occasional wreck? We just won't tell them about the snot coming out of the nose.
So I was totally energized yesterday by going to a personal trainer for the first time in my life. I have to admit that I never would have seen me doing this in a million years, but I ran out of ideas on what to do right now. Besides he is a corrective trainer (trainer who focuses on imbalances from injury) and that helps the idea a bunch. But he was really low key and informative and not some guy who trains rich, scary people. We topped it off with some seated boxing and I think I have a new stress relief. That was super sweet to hit things!
I have graduated from crutches to full weight bearing. That wasn't planned for a couple more days, but I have been so hopped up on milk, vitamins and health food store magic that I can tolerate the weight, painful, but tolerable. When you haven't put your leg in a walking position for 3 weeks, it feels like a foreign part dangling there. This will take some work to get back! I'm game.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nik, it's so nice to be able to read how you've been doing...I miss you...maybe an email is due? I want to know what else is up in your life!!
love
nissa

Anonymous said...

Sweet Nis! Hope you aren't married yet without me knowing. Yes, I do need to get around to your email. Glad your keeping up on the blog.