Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A step, or one foot forward.


Cleared to go hit the gym! That's a big step forward. Its still only one step forward on one leg, but it feels good to be able to do anything even if it is only an arm rower. I think everyone just gave in to me asking to go workout everyday. I am able to kinda lift the good leg on some machines and with the left leg getting smaller by the day that should leave the right looking like Hell Boy's one massive arm. At 3 weeks post-op now I was also given permission to start trying to put some weight on it. Man is that painful! I can only hope that will get better day by day and hopefully ditch the crutches by next week.
I had a great massage today by the Russian Guru Yulia Abair. I know everybody's person is the best- but she's the best. Funny how a cyclist depends on a massage therapist like a crack addict needs a fix. 
Other than all that, I have got a new fix on TV other than my Seinfield viewing. The Dog Whisperer on Nat Geo channel is awsome! I don't even own a dog,  but this guy has mad skills as a pack leader. I tried to work some of his tricks on my cats and let's just say it didn't work in the least bit. 
I also have to mention how stocked I am about the exit of GWB today and the entrance of Obama as our nation's leader. His statement that there is nothing as satisfying as taking on and taking control of a difficult task, pretty much puts the life of a driven person in a nutshell. It was as cold as cyclocross race in DC today, but it appears that a lot of other people took on the cold and are pleased with the new president selection.  So that's what the reference is to the current pic is up there,  that's me visiting the Air Force museum in the spring and that was air force one in which JFK was transported in, dead and alive. He was another loved president and I pray Obama doesn't have the same exit. That is a great museum for anyone to visit and even though the field museum in chi town is still my fav, this one is on the top 10 list

No comments: