Thursday, March 19, 2009

Back Home Again...

Well back in Indiana hasn't been all that bad. The weather has been okay, except for the storm I got caught in the other day and nearly got flushed into one of the many corn field lakes that we have with all the flooding. It has pretty much been knicker weather which is my favorite because we all know they look cool. Its because they remind us of cyclocross season. By the way, is that here yet?
I finally rolled out the new Specialized SL since it was just looking way to shiny and red. I am a very picky rider and almost insist on not riding a bike until Don G or David C. fits me on it, but I think I have it pretty okay until I have a chance to meet with one of them.  After a couple days on this bike I am really starting to dig it a lot. It has a great feel and is stiff and smooth in the same sentence.  It also is very fun to snap around tighter turns. I can't wait to actually get it up to higher speeds and feel it do its thing. 
I had a rare chance to ride with the Hammer Head Zimmer boys Thursday during their lunch ride. It is a great oppurtunity to hit a group that pretty much functions everyday of the week.  They had only 4 guys turn out, but that was way better than me fighting the wind by myself and they are great group riders so I felt nice and safe with them at this point in the recovery. It was a good, easy ride all and all and I am gonna try and make it a point to get out with them more often before I start dedicating more of my time to mtb later in the year. And they didn't even tell me to get to the back of the pack.
The ankle continues to improve. I had a great PT session Thursday and Tom tracked my progress at my 12 week mark. I had a lot of improvement in range of motion. Something like a 25-30 degree increase on flexion and extension. Still not normal, but getting there! He even started me doing side steps like I did in the old BBall days! That even felt like it did when I used to sprain the crap out of my ankle during basketball. Ouch! 
I'm looking forward to a good weekend and hope to ride with Anne Y. some if we can align the stars just right with our schedules.  I'm also going to go look into buying an RV or camper for the race season. I see the major benefit it can have by following Scott W. and The Don with theirs, so if I can work it all out and make some decisions in what I want I should be rolling with it. I just have to figure out how to back up! 

No comments: