Monday, December 22, 2008

Officially done with racing this year.

Last jersey number of the year.
Kansas City Master's National Race
Man, what a bad blogger I have been. I hope santa still remembers me. I am officially done with the cycling racing season. After posting a 11th in my pro packed Master's class at Nationals I am also officially stoked about the season overall. My race for master's was going pretty good with some major hurt happening on the uphill until I clipped a pole and went down super hard. I just had to have one more major crash. I kinda knocked a left rib out of place, but now its all better so I really don't care. The bad part was it moved me from 8th to 11th. But that's racing...sometimes the obstacles win. Man I love cross and am already planning next year. 
Not to much of the fun stuff for the past week. With continued training and a busy work schedule since returning from KC, it took me a couple days to unpack and almost a week to clean the KC terra firma off my bike. But the babies are all clean and packed in the basement for the winter of rest (or until sold). What a hard life for a racing bike...raced and trained on like hell then sold to some other dude on ebay like a cheap 80's stone wash jean. I love you bikes...each and every one. 
So, I'm now planning for major ankle surgery on the 29th. I'm looking into sweet crutches and ice packs. But really looking at ways to maintain my cardio. Never a moments rest for a National cross champ!

No comments: