Friday, December 12, 2008

Big Win at a Big Race



Yep, that's right...I have scored a win at Cyclocross nationals! Okay, so it was the 2/3 women race and no stars and stripes jersey was handed out, but I'm still super stoked about it. I had a poor start position but somehow worked it out to be 2nd wheel by the first straight! The leader took a bad line and I remained in the lead for the remaining of the 5 laps. Sweet! It was a really great feeling that made all the travel, training, flavorless eating, and money spending well worth it for the whole year. My super sis made the trip with me and really hung in there with all my crazy quirks and I was really happy that she could make the trip with me. Anyone who gets up at 5am to go stand in 15 degree weather to watch girls in tights must be a great friend. 
The morning was so cold and frozen, I even thought it was a little crazy. But once I took the lead, I was on fire! Actually, I really walked away with the race and didn't feel too pressured aside from losing about 30 seconds from a chain drop issue. It was great to cross the line with the hands in the air. I am gonna have to get used to it I guess, Coach Don is gonna have me freakin fast next year I feel. 
The season is nearing an end and with about 4 major aches and pains from body poundings this season, I am really looking forward to just training and resting. Look for the post on my Master's race once I get the energy to type some more. 

No comments: