Sunday, December 28, 2008

and then there was light...

<---my sis, me, and mother (grandma) on her
       75th b-day on Christmas eve.
and of coarse it was good. I'm taking the last 2 days of primo riding weather for Indiana as a good sign from God for the upcoming days. Saturday had me comfortably riding in shorts, and even though the wind was massive, it was a super sweet ride. Today was a great mtb because the ground was frozen and the weather was chilly but not to cold to keep me away. Top that off with riding it on Star (indy fab ss) and I was kinda high as a kite.  Yeah, its a good sign. 
So surgery is bright and early at 830 am, at least I can sleep in from my regular working OR day schedule.  I topped off my last meal with a Reese's cup tree and a big glass of skim milk. I figured the milk would get a jump start on healing the holes Dr. is going to drill in my fibula. 
Well, so here I go, my last sane day for a while. 
Watch out competition, I will be hungry for racing come Spring!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she just needs to hang it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nik please speak in terms that i can understand. Love you alway TINA

Anonymous said...

Hi Nik
Happy Holidays to you and your family. Nice to see you are doing well. Love the pics...your hair looks great long! Congrats on you competitions!! Hope your recovery from surgery is going well. I just became the clinical coordinator for UIC & Evanston! Marcus and I are great, the same. Oh, we have a dog, Kaleb,(Boxer mix) he is awesome.
Happy New Year!
Mary Ann

Anonymous said...

Surgery??? WHAT? Well, if they are drilling into your fibula, sounds serious! Is that your left shoulder or right? Just kidding! Fibula, is that a long bone? Gosh, sounds painful. Let me know how it goes. Tell me who's gasin' ya! Love you,,, Janlyn and Cat

Nicole Borem said...

Sweet! So good to hear from everyone! Mary Ann, you rock, now you are a parent.
Janlyn, glad to hear you still know some of the ortho parts with all that cardio stuff you do.