Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The best Festival in the Region is Coming!


That's right people. Fat and Skinny Festival is this weekend! If you haven't marked your calenders to come and tour, race, or cheer- get on the ball. This truly is a festival for everyone and is way more than just a race. The folks at KCV really know how to put on a show and you would be hard pressed to find a weekend of cycling with this much going on. I've been in cycling many years and many places and this is one of the best events I've been a part of!

Also of interest in the vendor expo is the first public appearance of the newly formed Lake City Derby Dolls. The derby gals will be out Sunday in their derby gear passing out buttons and info. Make sure you stop by their booth and say "hey" so you can say you met them before they hit the big time!


So check out the web site www.fatandskinnytirefest.com or hook up to truesport.com for racing links. Even though I missed this event in its infant years while I was in residency in Chicago, it has always been fun times. Some of my personal favorite things are the vendors and food on site in the village, the live bands on Saturday night, and mostly: the racing!

I'm getting back into my groove of normal life in Warsaw again after vacation and am looking forward to some hometown racing this weekend with no travel. I will be placing my focus on the mountain bike race but will be riding support in the crit for some of my teammates too for extra training. It will be interesting to see how the ankle fairs after so much travel and training lately. It's had a few rough days here, but I'm hoping to make it through all of the racing. I'm ready to have to drop out at any moment, but I would be really sad to not be able to finish my hometown race.

I'm just saying my prayers.

( Watching the Sunset in Florida after surfing all day)

I hope to see you all out there this weekend and feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions.

No comments: