Monday, September 27, 2010

Velonews to Small City Love




So recently I've had a few props I guess, I had a famous leg and body shot in the Velonews report of the USGP on the first day (http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/09/cyclocross/2010-us-gran-prix-of-cyclocross-planet-bike-cup-day-1_143010/attachment/usgp-planet-bike-cup-1-19) and looks like I will be on the table of contents in this years USGP official guide. Yep, that's me to the left in the red and black DRT colors. I know it's pretty close to the sweet cover that JP has, but he's got a bit more invested in the deal. Now it's time to keep moving up in that pack.


The Rochester newspaper did a nice little interview with me recently to kick off their upcoming grand opening of their end of the newly formed rails to trails called the Nickle Plate trail. It's a really nice paved trail and since I am doing some recent work at the hospital in this area, I've been hitting up some easy training days on it. Check it out if you can, it's worth the drive!

It's really hard to explain cross to people who don't know about it, but I did my best!
Thanks to all the great folks at the Sentinel, and thanks for the front cover spread. It's always nice to see cycling make the paper in a region ruled by core sports.



Also, thought I would throw in a little pic from my warm-up on Saturday at the USGP taken by Caitlin Coar. She's got wicked photo taking skills and her mate has future star (and current) cred., so check out her site now and say you know them both before they are big time!

(photo credit to http://shrugsmugs.blogspot.com/)

Nuff blogging, and back to training! I've got some work to do!

1 comment:

nickleonard said...

here is this best description of cross i've seen recently. hopefully you find it as entertaining as i did. came from bicycling magazine this month. http://www.tourdefrancenews.com/training-nutrition/training-fitness/cross-or-not-cross

great job with all the publicity recently! shows you are improving and we are all noticing!